PT AST is a high molecular weight modified hydrocarbon compound of sodium asphalt sulfonate. It is a black, free- flowing flake material. PT AST is partly soluble in water (approx 75%), the water insoluble portion being soluble in oil. This property gives PT AST an excellent emulsifying characteristic. It is also highly resistant to temperatures and the softening point is in excess of 500°F (260°С).
– Prevent hydrogen saturation of steel
– Prevent colmatation by bacteria activity products
– Reduce the rate of H₂S and Carbon Dioxide corrosion
– Has non-emulsifying properties
– Creates a protective film that prevents the paraffin adhesion